Quick-Stick Ligase is designed to carry out fast and efficient ligation of both cohesive and blunt-ended DNA at room temperature. Quick-Stick Ligase is a T4 DNA Ligase that has been mutated to improve enzyme activity, and contains a specially developed 4x Quick-Stick Buffer. The enzyme catalyses the joining of two strands of DNA between the 5’-phosphate and the 3’-hydroxyl groups of adjacent nucleotides in either a blunt-ended or cohesive-ended configuration. Quick-Stick Ligase will ligate 99% of ?/HindIII cohesive-ended fragments, or 80% of ?/EcoRV blunt-ended fragments, in 5 minutes at room temperature. 100% ligation of blunt-ended fragments can be achieved by increasing the ligation time to 15 minutes at room temperature.
- Dramatically decreases time for DNA cloning
- Rapid 5 to 15 minute protocol at room temperature
- Efficient and reliable ligations of cohesive and blunt-ended DNA
- No loss of transformation efficiency
- Cloning of DNA from:PCR products, Plasmids, Cosmids, Genomic, phage and viral DNA
- Linker ligation
- Re-ligation of linearized plasmids
- Ligation of double-stranded oligonucleotides into vectors (plasmid and phage)
Components: Quick-Stick Ligase, 4x QS BufferDNA, Dilution Buffer
Storage Conditions: Quick-Stick Ligase can be stored for 12 months at -20°C.