PrestoCHILL reduces freezing time to just 60 seconds, thereby eliminating freezing artifacts by preventing the formation of ice crystals. Cut fatty tissues like breast or lymph nodes can be frozen without any sort of difficulty and without the distortion of delicate honeycomb structures. It is possible to obtain perfectly “flat plane" surfaces to reduce trimming time and to cut easily while using the patented “face down" embedding technique. Moreover, it eliminates the compression of artefacts caused by extremely low temperatures and it removes the retraction of tissues: for example, Glomeruli from Bowman’s capsule, and vacuolation spaces around nucleated brain cells, related to formaline fixed, paraffin embedded (FFPE) sections.
- Face down embedding technique, US Patent 6,536,219 B2
- Standardised freezing at -40°C for all types of tissues
- Only 40 minutes from room temperature to operating temperature of -40°C
- Rapid change out moulds with a range of different sizes
- Optimum planarity of specimens mounted in cryoembedding compound for reduced trimming time
- Touch screen terminal 4.3""