FBS remains a popular media supplement because it provides a wide array of functions in cell culture. FBS delivers nutrients, growth and attachment factors and protects cells from oxidative damage and apoptosis by mechanisms that are difficult to reproduce in serum-free media (SFM) systems.
FBS is used in a broad range of cell culture applications. FBS provides many non-defined growth promoting and survival enhancing factor to cells in culture. Endotoxin and hemoglobin tested.
- Biological source: Bovine fetus
- Sterility: Sterile-filtered
- Composition: Hemoglobin, ≤25 mg/dL
- Origin: Non-USA
- Impurities: ≤10 EU/mL endotoxin
- Suitability: Cell culture
- Shipped in: Dry ice
- Storage temperature: −20°C
- Heat inactivated: No