Isopropyl-ß-D-thiogalactopyranoside (IPTG) is a chemical analogue of galactose, which cannot be hydrolyzed by the enzyme ß-Galactosidase. Hence, it induces the E. coli lac operon activity by binding and inhibiting the lac repressor without being degraded. Genes controlled by the lac or tac promotor/operator sequences are expressed to high levels in the presence of IPTG. IPTG is part of our Essentials range of products, which includes agaroses, buffers, PCR water and enhancers, antibiotic solutions, cloning reagents and protein digestion reagents.
- Induces E.coli lac operon activity>99.6% by HPLC
- Available as powder and stabilized stock solutions
- Blue/white color screening
- Induction of lac operon for protein expression
- Genes controlled by the lac or tac promotor/operator sequences are expressed to high levels in the presence of IPTG
Storage Conditions: IPTG powder can be stored for 12 months at –20°C.