BioMix™ Red is a complete ready-to-use 2x reaction mix containing an ultra-stable Taq DNA polymerase. It contains an additional inert red dye that permits easy visualization and direct loading onto a gel. There is no need to add loading buffer as the mix is of sufficiently high density to sink to the bottom of the gel. The red dye migrates like a 350bp fragment on a 2% agarose TAE gel (or 600bp on a 1% agarose).
BioMix Red has been developed to perform PCR assays of many common genomic and cDNA templates; the user has simply to add water, template and primers. It dramatically reduces the time required to set up reactions, thereby minimizing the risk of contamination. Greater reproducibility is ensured by reducing the number of pipetting steps that can lead to errors. BioMix Red has been optimized for a wide variety of templates, however an additional 50mM of MgCl2 solution is included should any fine adjustments be required.
Applications include routine PCR applications, products suitable for TA cloning, and high throughput.
- Convenient pre-mixed, pre-optimized 2x solutions
- Reduced risk of contamination
- Dramatically decreases the time required for reaction set-up
- Reproducible results
- Direct gel loading
- Components: 10x 1.25mL BioMix™ Red, 1.2mL 50 mM MgCl2 Solution
- Concentration: 2x
- Storage Conditions: BioMix Red can be stored for up to 12 months at -20°C, or up to 2 weeks at +4°C. Repeated freeze/thaw cycles should be avoided.